Monday, May 19, 2014

WOW! It's been 6 months since I posted....

   So much has happened I don't even know where to begin! I think I will try to go month by month and that should help me remember everything (I hope, lol).
   In December, Mason turned 2 years old. We spent the day together as a family. I fixed a special breakfast while Doug and Mason put together his new birthday present (a work bench). That took most of the morning and I helped after breakfast was done ;). We ordered a pizza for lunch with homemade chocolate cake for dessert and Nana stopped by briefly afterwards. Then he took a nap after all of that and when he got up, we went over to Uncle Mike's to watch "Finding Nemo" (in Unlce Mike's private theater no less!). We (w/ Uncle Mike) took him out to eat at 'Park Lane Tavern' for his birthday dinner. Watched the Christmas lights behind the mall. Dropped off Uncle Mike. With all of that partying and special activities, it was time for bed.  Mason seemed to really enjoy his birthday. It was nice having just the 3 of us for most of his special day (and little did we know we would be adding a new addition to the family before his next birthday...more on that later ;) ).
   In January, my Grandma Cross died. My parents gave me and Mason the opportunity to ride down to Louisiana to go to the funeral. Mason did really well with his first long road trip! Even though the trip was for a sad reason, some of my family got to meet Mason for the first time (a silver lining?)! I got to see some family I haven't seen in over 10 years and meet some little cousins for the first time! It was so nice to catch up and part of me wanted to stay :(, but I have a wonderful husband and 2 cute kitties that made me return.
   In February, not that much happened, mostly just snow and cancelled plans.
   In March, Mason began walking! On March 5th, Mason began trying to walk more than crawl. He started with just 5-10 steps and quickly gained more. We also bought a new Grand Caravan. It is SO nice being a 2 car family again! Now for the big news I eluded to earlier. The day after we bought the new Caravan, we found out that I am PREGNANT! Our new addition is due on November 20th, 2014. It never ceases to amaze me how God works! We had already decided on the Caravan because we were thinking of adding an addition, but had no idea one was already in 'the works'. We also had a Child Find meeting with the local school district for Mason. Busy month for us!
   In April, we hosted an Easter lunch and invited over the Baggetts, one Williams, and my parents. We put Mason in his 'Big Brother' shirt and waited for everyone to notice. One by one it spread like fire. We also texted Pat, Katie, and Mike the news. I had 2 U/S of the baby done and everything looks good. Nice strong heartbeat and plenty of movement.
   In May, we had an eligibility meeting for Mason with the local school district. He was found eligible for SpEd Preschool for the next school year. He will be going to school twice a week for 3 hours a day (so far as we know....we haven't been told the exact details yet). I will add more to May....it's only half through ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment