Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Baby Shower and Gender Reveal

    Long before my baby shower was being planned, I had heard of the gender of the baby being revealed at the baby shower. What couples had been doing was getting the gender results from the ultrasound put into an envelope by the ultrasound technician and given directly to a baker. Then the baker would decorate a cake that was gender neutral on the outside but would be gender specific on the inside (i.e. pink or blue icing).      
   We decided to do a twist on it. We we would find out the gender and tell some select family members (grandparents) the gender, but everyone else would be in the dark until the reveal at the baby shower.  Notice I said some select family members. Let me just say Doug did VERY well at keeping the secret, as for me, not so much. I slipped twice. I think if I hadn't gotten that "deer caught in the headlights" look on my face when I slipped or had been a little more quicker thinking on my feet, then I would have been able to keep the secret as well.  Oh well! I only let is slip twice.
   I loved how people at my shower were looking at me and then my SIL (sister-in-law...pregnant with my nephew at the time & everyone knew she was having a boy) and then looked at me, declaring I was having a girl. Haha! My friend Linda guessed ahead of time that my baby was a boy and gave us a handmade gift for a boy.  I really enjoyed watching the look on my guests faces as we cut into the cake.  So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment