Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The story of Finding Out About Mason

     I first found out about Mason the day after my birthday (March 28, 2011). I had thought about taking a pregnancy test either the day before or the day of my birthday but had decided against it because I didn't want my birthday ruined,  just in case. So I took the test (well actually several, wanted to be sure ;) that afternoon. OMG! It's POSITIVE! Really?!?!? Then I got so excited and began wondering how I was going to keep the secret for about 2 more hours until Doug got home.
    Well turns out I couldn't, at least not totally. I told my good friend Tina in NC (my friend for over 10 years). I figured being in NC she couldn't tell any of my relatives or friends here, and I could get that out of my system ;). Two hours passed, and Doug was FINALLY home (on time but it felt like an eternity). I didn't say a word! Instead I left the test in a cup on the counter in the hall bathroom and waited for nature to take it's course.
    He went in there and as he was washing his hands, saw the test. He came out and asked me if there was anything I wanted to tell him, I asked "what did he mean?". He said about something in the bathroom. I said I took a pregnancy test, and he said "and?". I said "I'm pregnant".  Here is where I wish I could say  that he said something truly romantic....but nope :(. He said "Are you sure? How do you know? Don't you need the doctor to tell you for sure?"...men!  I explained to him that the tests are sometimes exactly the same ones that they use in a doctor's office and that it's was more likely to get a false negative than a false positive.  Talking about ruining the happiest moment in my life (other than when I got married) up until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment